Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » My Book(s) » First Poetry Book published in November of 2023

Are you a published poet? If so, tell us about your book.
1/8/2024 4:36:10 PM

Steven Getz
I am Steven L. Getz. I do not write in a ‘nom-du-plum’ manner. What you read in my poetry books is how I think, feel, and mostly who I am. I am somebody, everybody, and sometimes just a fly on the wall of life. I compose from the emotion of personal experience, as well as the emotions of personal experiences that I observe in the lives of others. I know that people who cannot see beyond their own world will never understand the worlds of others, especially when dealing with the opposite sex. My poems should appeal to a broad readership regardless of age, culture and sex. For more on this, refer to my poem entitled, "A Poet's Fore-Blurb", which has also been published on Poetry Soup. My first poetry book is entitled, "Insights from Life.", and it has been published on Amazon.
Almost all my poems rhyme. Although it is not always easy to do, I try to get them to rhyme. When I endeavor to make my poems rhyme, it sometimes takes me out of the 'floating’ abstract dream-like drifting realm that seems to be carrying me off to nowhere and forces me back to reality. That does not mean that I do not like some of Carl Sandburg’s poems and Sylvia Plath’s poems, because I do. Sometimes, creating rhymes for stanzas forces me along another train of thought; and I end up with a poem that I did not start out to create. And that poem is better. However, some of my poems do not rhyme on purpose. When you read one of these, be aware that I did not make them rhyme for reasons of potential reader impact.
I have already written the poems for my second book, a few of which have been published on Poetry Soup. Amazon editors requested that I publish my second book of poems before they had even published my first book of poems. But I am not in a hurry to do so. I am still surprised I published my first book and that I sometimes even post my poems on Poetry Soup.
edited by 12sluggo34 on 1/8/2024
edited by 12sluggo34 on 1/8/2024
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » My Book(s) » First Poetry Book published in November of 2023